Noni has among its properties the ability to increase our body's defenses and thus prevent us from contracting diseases. Collaborates by its components in cell regeneration.
What is the plant like?
Noni, also called "Indian mulberry", is a small tree that reaches an average of 5 meters in height. It belongs to the Rubiaceae family and its origin is Asian, although we can also find it in Indonesia, Hawaii and the Caribbean Islands, New Zealand, Malaysia and Australia.
The best Noni can be found in Tahiti given the altitude and the little human intervention in that environment.
The usable parts of the plant, in addition to the well-known fruit, are all the others, from the roots, to the flowers and seeds; roots and bark are also used to make natural tinctures.
It is a very generous plant that bears fruit throughout the year. It has a size similar to that of a potato and its flavor and smell are very intense.
Noni to accompany us in our modern life
The current, accelerated and sedentary pace of life affects our health in various ways: premature aging, insomnia, stress, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, among many other conditions. The consumption of noni, generally in juices, reports immediate improvements such as increased energy.
Studies have shown that Noni has a more significant impact on growth arrest of cancer RAS cells implanted in laboratory animals than 500 other medicinal plant compounds. It has also been found to have a remarkable analgesic effect, it is effective against 7 different kinds of harmful bacteria, and it is effective against fungi and parasites.
In a report presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research in May 1992, the Noni fruit was shown to significantly extend the life of mice in which Lewis carcinoma cells had been implanted of the lung. It was concluded that the juice of the Noni fruit appeared to slow the growth of tumors by stimulating the immune system. This research advanced the theory that the compounds contained in Noni juice have the ability to stimulate the activity of T cells in the immune system. In Cancer cases, for example, noni can help control nausea caused by chemotherapy, and in certain cases, improve the condition caused by the disease.
The components of Noni work at the cellular level to produce the regeneration of cells and to improve their functioning.
In the list that follows, we can see all the conditions that can be improved with the consumption of Noni.
Pain in Muscles
Main substances that Noni contains
TheNoniIt contains 10 different alkaloids that, in general, have beneficial effects in small doses but can be toxic in high doses. In any case these stand out:
- Damnacanthal: This alkaloid is considered one of the most powerful natural plant substances to combat some diseases. It has been shown to increase phagocyte production.
- Xeronine: It activates more than 220 enzymes, it can help reduce addictions, such as tobacco or alcoholism.
- Scopolamine: It acts as a dilator of the pupils and helps in "jet lag". As a parasympatholytic, it inhibits the transmission of the nerve impulse to the parasympathetic nerve terminals.
- Morindine and Morindadiol: These two alkaloids are attributed some effects; they are being the subject of numerous studies.
TheNoni It contains several acids, including caprylic acid (powerful antifungal), caproic acid (fungicide and insecticide) or detoxifying uronic acid as it contains glucuronic acid that is synthesized in the liver for detoxification.
TheNoni it is extremely rich in amino acids, especially in:
- To the girl: Essential for the metabolism of sugars and organic acids.
- Arginine: Essential for children plays an important role in detoxifying ammonia in the body.
- Cystine: Excellent help in cases of pernicious anemia, skin diseases and liver conditions.
- Phenylalanine: Very important for the entire metabolism. It is present in almost all proteins. A deficiency of this amino acid or disorders in its functions can lead to serious metabolic or organic diseases.
- Glycine: Carrier of the collagen structure contributes to control the most important inhibitory neurotransmitter of motor skills. Indispensable for wound healing.
- Isoleucine: Indispensable in many biochemical processes.
- Leucine: Essential for protein synthesis.
- Lysine: Very important in the formation of bones in children and young people. Its deficiency is detected in possible acid-base balance disorders. It is involved in the production of antibodies, hormones and enzymes.
- Methionine: It works against urinary tract infections and chronic kidney failure. It is the most important physiological supplier of methyl and sulfur groups. Disorders of methionine reabsorption can lead to mental disability, spasms, foul-smelling diarrhea, and premature graying.
- Proline: It is one of the amino acids that make up proteins. It is also an important component of collagen.
- Tyrosine: It is a direct precursor to melanin, dopamine, adrenaline, and thyroxine.
- Tryptophan: Essential in the biosynthesis of tryptamine, serotonin, melatonin, and nicotinic acid. It has antidepressant effects and is also used to induce sleep.
- Valine: Very important amino acid in the biochemical degradation of different amino acids and odd fatty acids. It plays an important role in the production of proteins.
How to consume Noni
Forprepare noni juiceFirst, choose the fruits that are more yellow, similar to the color of honey. If you only got white fruit, leave them in the fridge for a couple of days to ripen.
If you do not have this tree, you can get them in online stores, as well as in specialized stores.
Wash thenoni fruits and let them dry naturally. Put them in a carefully clean container to prevent germs and bacteria from getting into the juice. It is preferable that the container is made of glass or stainless steel.
Then, cover the container and let them ferment for two months. If you place it in the sun, the fermentation will be faster. In this time the Noni juice will separate from the pulp.
In a clean glass with a filter on top, separate the pulp and other debris from thenoni juice. This should look very dark brown.
To pasteurize the extract, use glass bottles containing the juice and boil them for 30 minutes. Then cover them. This step is essential to eliminate the batteries.
Store the Noni juice bottles in the refrigerator. If the juice is pasteurized, it can be kept for up to a year.
Note: Do not replace existing therapies with Noni without consulting your physician. Noni is a good complement to existing therapies, and even better as a preventive.ReferencesJ. Morton The Ocean Going Noni or Indian Mulberry; Morinda Citrifolia. Rubiaceae and Some of its colorfulRelatives Econ. Bot. 46 (3) pp. 241-256 (1992)Medicinal Chest from the Malaysian Rainforest 1996Isabella Alona Abbott L. Hawaii Traditional Hawaiian, Uses of PlantsOtto Degener, B.S., M.S. Illustrative of Plants and Customs of the South SeasMala La’au: AGarden of Hawaiian Heaaling Plants 1996Alexandra Dittmar: Morinda Citrifolia L. – Use in Indigenous Samoan Medicine. Journal of Herbs and Medicinal Plants. Vol. 1 (3), 1993- Best and Taylor. Physiological Bases of Medical Practice. 12th Edition. Editorial Médica Panamericana. Spain 1993- Torresani, M. E., Somoza M. I. Guidelines for nutritional care. Ed. Eudeba. Buenos Aires, Argentina 1999.- Solomon Neil, Md, PhD. THE NONI PHENOMENON. South Geneva Road Vineyard, 1999.- Matrone A. Helpful hints for diabetics. Control and treatment of diabetes. Bayer. Buenos Aires, Argentina.- Okada Y, Miyauchi N, Suzuki K, Kobayashi T, Tsutsui C, Mayuzumi K, Nishibe S, Okuyama T. Search for naturally occurring substancesto prevent the complications of diabetes. II. Inhibitory effect of coumarin and flavonoid derivatives on bovine lens aldose reductaseand rabbit platelet aggregation. Tokyo, Japan. 1995 Aug. PMID: 7553983- Tooke JE, Hannemann MM. Adverse endothelial function and the insulin resistance syndrome. Devon, UK 2000 Apr. PMID: 10792555- Jude EB, Tentolouris N, Appleton I, Anderson S, Boulton AJ. Manchester. Role of neuropathy and plasma nitric oxide in recurrent neuropathic and neuroischemic diabetic foot ulcers. Manchester, United Kingdom2001 Sep-Oct PMID: 11896978- Kurioka S, Koshimura K, Murakami Y, Nishiki M, Kato Y. Reverse correlation between urine nitric oxide metabolites and insulin resistance in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Japan. 2000 Feb PMID: 10811296- Avogaro A, Piarulli F, Valerio A, Miola M, Calveri M, Pavan P, Vicini P, Cobelli C, Tiengo A, Calo L, Del Prato S. Forearm nitric oxide balance, vascular relaxation, and glucose metabolism in NIDDMpatients. Padua, Italy. 1997 Jun. PMID: 9166677.- Williams SB, Cusco JA, Roddy MA, Johnstone MT, Creager MA. Impaired nitric oxide-mediated vasodilation in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. USA 1996 Mar. PMID: 8606266- Haefliger IO, Flammer J, Luscher TF. Nitric oxide and endothelin-1 are important regulators of human ophthalmic artery. Switzerland. 1992 Jun.
With information from: